FREE Online Computer Tutorials
Computer tutoring by seniors for seniors is gradually dwindling, so the library is trying out a new solution for those who are just beginning to learn how to use computers.
Every Wednesday, beginning September 4, from 10 AM – 12PM a staff person will be located at the large desk in the annex to be available just to those beginners working with their own devices or the library laptops using online computer tutorials.
Beginners should start with this interactive tutorial on how to use a computer mouse.
- Computer Basics Course – estimated time to complete this module is 55 minutes
- Free online computer lessons and tutorial for seniors and beginners from www.meganga.com
- Basic Email Skills – estimated time to complete this module is 35 minutes
- Email 101
- How to set up a Gmail account
- How to set up a Yahoo email account
- How to set up a Hotmail email account
This will include programs like Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic Word Processing Skills – estimated time to complete this module is 45 minutes
- Microsoft Word
- Excel Easy for Microsoft Excel versions 2007, 2010 and 2013
Social Media and Online Security
- Social Media – This includes sites like Facebook, Twitter and Pintrest
- Online Banking – Essential security measures
- Internet Safety
- Internet Safety for Kids